Residence for Teens with Emotional Impairments Lakeview House
Lakeview House is a community residence for adolescents who suffer from significant, emotional impairments and are in need of a structured setting in the community that enables them to become involved in the responsibilities of daily living. Residence in this program allows for staff of both the referring agency and the community residence to plan for the youth’s future. The program is certified through the New York State Office of Mental Health.
Co-ed – ages 13-18
Referrals in Nassau and Suffolk Counties must go through Single Point of Access (SPOA). Placement is voluntary.
Seriously emotionally disturbed youth who are in need of a structured and supportive setting in the community. Type of Youth Not Serviced: Youth with history of violence, arson or serious substance abuse problems.
- Behavior modification system/behavior management training
- Individual and group counseling
- Educational support services
- Life-skills training is provided by staff in a range of activities from daily living skills to money management
- Case Management Services – all youth involved in the program will be provided case management services, which will continue upon discharge to home or the community.
- Aftercare Services – based upon discharge planning with youth and their family.
Length of Stay
Length of stay may vary from 12 to 24 months, depending on the individual needs of the youth and his family. Intake Procedure:
- Once a referral is received from SPOA, a decision on the youth’s acceptance into the program is made by the admissions’ committee composed of mental health professionals who, together with staff, review applications and determine the appropriateness of each candidate.
- A decision on acceptance can be made within ten (10) days upon receipt of referral material. The intake procedure also involves an interview of the youth at the program.
392 Holly Place West Hempstead, NY 11552
Christine Miller, AVP, Children’s Mental Health
firstname.lastname@example.orgLakeview House is a community residence for adolescents who suffer from significant, emotional impairments and are in need of a structured setting in the community that enables them to become involved in the responsibilities of daily living.