Family Counseling Family Mediation Program
Our Family Mediation program provides short-term counseling and mediation services to youth and families experiencing difficulties and conflict at home. We offer free, confidential, short-term services to young people and their families in Nassau County. Services include family counseling, individual counseling and crisis intervention. Our staff includes Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Masters Social Workers who are ready to help you through life’s difficulties.
- Crisis Intervention & Conflict Resolution that help families find the most appropriate means to resolve a crisis situation.
- Family Mediation that helps identify the underlying issues leading up to the present crisis and suggesting alternatives or referrals to avoid future crises.
- Short Term: Seeing rapid and effective crisis resolution.
- Confidential: Written consent is required for any information to be obtained from or divulged to anyone other than Family and Children’s Association staff (except in the case of suspected abuse/neglect or an individual posing a direct threat to self or others).
- Voluntary: No one may be mandated or coerced to participate in the Mediation process.
- A Partnership Endeavor: We work with the youth and his/her family toward mutually determined goals and objectives.
Keep in Mind
- Involvement: we cannot “fix” any family members or family relations; we are here to help families get themselves back on track.
- Time: although this service costs no money, it is essential that the entire family invest whatever time is necessary to address the relevant issues.
- Effort: the mediators will make suggestions and offer referrals; it is up to the family to follow up and apply the necessary effort to help themselves.
Larry Kaminsky, LMSW, Family Mediation Program Coordinator
516-741-0604 Ext: 4376
Our Family Mediation program provides short-term counseling and mediation services to youth and families experiencing difficulties and conflict at home.