Hempstead Family Treatment & Recovery Center
FCA believes that a substance use disorder is not only a treatable disease but an opportunity for a person to begin a new journey in life with new opportunities for growth and development. Through treatment, a person can find balance and meaning in his or her life and discover a deeper connection to themselves and to others. Download brochure.
We are an OASAS-licensed outpatient treatment program that provides individual, group and family treatment for those struggling with a substance use disorder. We also offer prevention services which includes substance use education, parenting classing, counseling and outreach.
Services are provided to adolescents (ages 12 to 19) and adults along with their family members and significant others.
Our counselors are New York State licensed social workers, family and couples therapists and certified alcoholism and drug abuse counselors. Our staff is skilled in treating trauma, family therapy, mindfulness-based interventions and mental illness.
- Intake, assessment and evaluation
- Individual and group counseling
- Psycho-educational workshops about the consequences of drug abuse and its treatment
- Family therapy and groups for significant others impacted by addiction
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment based on three phases of the Recovery Process
- Vocational and educational assessments and referrals
- Crisis intervention and referrals
- 12 step programs meet regularly in our facility
- Individual and group Prevention Counseling
- Parenting classes for families at risk
- Outreach to local schools
- Evidence based curriculum of workshops for adolescents to enhance decision making skills
- Community wide outreach and education about drugs and other high risk behaviors
- Educational and vocational evaluations
- Counseling and referral around returning to work issues
- Career coaching and job interview preparation
- GED classes
- Referrals to other educational and training services
We are located at 126 North Franklin Street, in the heart of the Village of Hempstead, minutes away from major train and bus hubs and close to the Nassau County District Court.
Our Nursery Co-op offers short-term childcare and case management for parents seeking help with substance use, employment, education, training or fulfillment of other needs in pursuit of self-sufficiency.
Fees are set on a sliding-scale based on clients’ ability to pay. No one will be denied services if they cannot afford to pay for treatment. Medicaid, Medicare and all other major health Insurance plans accepted.
126 North Franklin Street
Hempstead, NY 11550An OASAS-licensed outpatient treatment program that provides individual, group and family treatment for those struggling with a substance use disorder. We also offer prevention services which includes substance use education, parenting classing, counseling and outreach.