Campaigns Innovative Campaigns Supporting Social Justice on Long Island
FCA is committed to creating avenues for all Long Islanders to be able to participate in social justice. Fostering a strong sense of community will allow Long Island as a whole to move forward together and leave no one behind. Consider participating in one of our grassroots campaigns below and feel free to reach out to share your thoughts and comments.
Safe and Warm, LI’s Largest Quilt Initiative
The campaign will engage people to get creative and decorate their own 18” x 18” fabric blocks by way of sewing, painting, mixed media or gluing adornments. Individuals, families, schools districts, and businesses are all encouraged to participate. Once all fabric blocks are complete, FCA will sew them all together to create a quilt large enough to require a local park to unfurl!
The campaign will bring Long Islanders together to demonstrate compassion and unity by way of the creative arts. FCA already has organizations and elementary schools engaged. Fabric blocks will also be decorated by FCA staff and clients representing all the different programs that exist at FCA. Businesses and organizations are encouraged to add their logo to the quilt through our four-block logo sponsorship package, demonstrating their commitment to protecting and strengthening Long Island’s most vulnerable.
How To Claim Your Fabric Block: Registration Link
- Margolin, Winer and Evens, LLP
- Baker Tilly
- Donna Impagliazzo
- Episcopal Ministry
- NY Community Bank Foundation
- Noble Elevator Company, Inc.
- Marcus Fabrics
- Dorothy Jacobs
Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available: BECOME A SPONSOR
- QUILT Sponsorship: Includes 18×18 logo on quilt, logo on website, signage at unfurling
- TOASTY Sponsorship: Includes 18×18 logo on quilt, listing on website, signage at unfurling.
- FABRIC Sponsorship: Includes 18×18 logo on quilt, signage at unfurling.
#GiveUp2Give provides Long Islanders with the opportunity to be a part of social change using by giving up indulgences, testing their abilities to direct behavior change towards community giving:
The Rules Are Simple:
- Share: Take a selfie/video of yourself on social media, explain what you gave up and for how long using the hashtag #GiveUp2Give on your post.
- Donate: Visit www.fcacares.com to donate the value of what you gave up.
- Challenge: Tag your friends on your post and challenge them to give up for a great cause!
The #GiveU2Give grassroots campaign is not just for individuals, schools and organizations and corporations are all joining in… Check out our Instagram feed below to see how Covert Avenue Elementary School (Elmont, NY) gave back to FCA and Long Island. Interested in having your school or organization participate in #GiveUp2Give? Call us 516.746.0350 x4335 to obtain your personalized #GiveUp2Give kit. We” make it easy for your school or organization to participate!