As Long Island’s leading human service organization, Family & Children’s Association is proud to participate in or initiate alliances with organizations that contribute to the greater good of our clients either through direct service, advocacy or legislation. Our goal is not only to be part of the conversation, but to bring to the forefront those issues that impact the lives of Long Island’s most vulnerable children, seniors and families.
Agency Wide Affiliations
- The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities
We work with The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities to increase the number of children, adults and families who are able to live healthy and productive lives, and realize their full potential as contributing members of their communities.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Long Island Chapter
Chief Development Officer Don Holden is an active member of the AFPLI and networks with the LI business community to create opportunities for clients and encourage support for our programs.
- Health and Welfare Council of Long Island
We are proud to be a member of the HWCLI, an umbrella organization dedicated to working with area non-profits to advocate with and on behalf of all Long Islanders to ensure a pathway to economic stability and self-sufficiency.
- Hempstead Promise Neighborhoods
We created this advocacy group to bring together non-profits, businesses, religious, government and community groups interested in improving the lives of residents of the Village of Hempstead, a community challenged by failing schools, poverty and crime.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
We are part of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- National Association of Social Workers
Many staff are members of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). The largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies.
- National Board of Certified Counselors
Our counselors are part of the NBCC which recognizes counselors who’ve attained certification and advances the counseling profession and enhances mental health worldwide.
- New York State AIDS Advisory Council
President/CEO Dr. Jeffrey Reynolds has been on the NYS AIDS Advisory Council since 1994, where he is Vice Chair and Chairs the Budget Subcommittee. The NYS AIDS Advisory Council advises the NYS Governor, Commissioner of Health and members of the state legislature on issues related to HIV care and prevention. Dr. Reynolds is a NYS Senate Majority appointee to the Council, has been re-appointed three times, and is the longest serving member of this distinguished panel.
- Society of Human Resource Management
Members of our human resource team are active in SHRM’s Long Island chapter enabling them to deliver the highest standards in recruitment, benefits, compensation and diversity.
Client Focused Alliances
In service to Long Island’s children and youth, we participate in a diverse group of organizations and advocacy groups to promote the rights of those who are too young to speak for themselves. These groups include:
- Coalition for Juvenile Justice
- Coalition of Youth Services in Nassau County
- Long Island Advocacy Center
- Long Island Coalition for the Homeless
- LICADD, Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
The primary mission of LICADD is to reduce the incidence and prevalence of the disease of alcoholism, other drug addictions, and related problems.
- Nassau County Children’s Mental Health Interagency Consortium/Nassau County Department of Social Services Family and Children’s Advisory Committee
- Nassau County Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative (JDAI)
- Nassau County Resource Direct
- Nassau County SPOA (Single Point of Access) Children’s Mental Health Services
- New York State Runaway and Homeless Youth Advisory Board to Governor Cuomo
- Reclaiming Futures
- Runaway and Homeless Youth Continuum of Care in Nassau County
Senior Service Providers Coalition
Members of our Senior Division actively participate in a variety of coalitions and associations that are devoted to improving care for the elderly ensuring that these individuals, who are often very vulnerable, are cared for safely and treated with dignity. These organizations include: