Our Family Mediation program provides short-term counseling and mediation services to youth and families experiencing difficulties and conflict at home. We offer free, confidential, short-term services to young people and their families in Nassau County. Services include family counseling, individual counseling and crisis intervention.
- Crisis Intervention & Conflict Resolution that help families find the most appropriate means to resolve a crisis situation.
- Family Mediation that helps identify the underlying issues leading up to the present crisis and suggesting alternatives or referrals to avoid future crises.
Our services are:
- SHORT TERM: seeing rapid and effective crisis resolution.
- CONFIDENTIAL: written consent is required for any information to be obtained from or divulged to anyone other than Family and Children’s Association staff (except in the case of suspected abuse/neglect or an individual posing a direct threat to self or others).
- VOLUNTARY: no one may be mandated or coerced to participate in the Mediation process.
- A PARTNERSHIP ENDEAVOR: we work with the youth and his/her family toward mutually determined goals and objectives.
The Youth & Family are responsible for:
- INVOLVEMENT: we cannot “fix” any family members or family relations; we are here to help families get themselves back on track.
- TIME: although this service costs no money, it is essential that the entire family invest whatever time is necessary to address the relevant issues.
- EFFORT: the mediators will make suggestions and offer referrals; it is up to the family to follow up and apply the necessary effort to help themselves.
If you would like to learn more about this program please contact our Program Coordinator at 516-741-0604 Ext: 376 or email@example.com
Christina Alonso, Director
100 East Old Country Road
Mineola, NY 11501
Phone: (516) 741-0604 Ext 4376